Abby, Two - Cover

Abby, Two

Copyright© 2019 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 31

I was just getting comfortable when... Knock Knock.

Atrocious French Accent“Who es et?”

Even more atrocious French Accent“Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries.” (About that ... Daddy has the series and all the movies. A regular feature on Saturday nights. It never got old.)

“Alice ... what do you want?”

“I want to come in,” she said.

“Alice,” I said.

“It’s dangerous out here,” she said.

“All right ... if you must,” I said.

The door opens ... the light comes on ... the door shuts.

A squeak from Alice.

I am not alone.

“Good evening, Alice.” A nice deep baritone.

Squeak

“Alice ... this is ... What did you say your name is?”

“Legion,” he said, followed by, “Pater would have his little joke.”

I remembered, “That’s not what you said, Leon.”

He had the courtesy to blush.

“Ma’ma was notorious ... Daddy assumed ... DNA proved him wrong.”

“And...?” I made the tell me more motion.

“During the divorce, Ma’ma insisted we be tested. Daddy had been snipped. Pater was disturbed to find out that he was, indeed, Daddy. ‘Spontaneous Remission,’ said the court

“By the prenup, he and his family were ‘required’ to ‘care’ to the best of their ‘financial ability’ for his heirs ... me.” He grinned.

“Grandmere and the Pater? I never saw them again. The casket was closed. Pieces ... of them and other victims were inserted to make weight. An air crash is so messy. Now I have all this lovely money.” He clapped his hand over his mouth.

I looked amazed. “What?”

“My lawyers told me my mouth would get me in trouble. They said I was too young to handle the responsibility.”

“Tell me something...” I said.

“What?”

“Did you end up in my bed before or after I found out about the money?”

“Umh ... before?”

“Did you have a good time?”

“Amazing!” “Best ever.”

“I had a great time too.”

He preened.

“Did I tell you what I do?”

“No?”

“I too have bags and bags of money ... I am CEO of the most profitable gold mine in Australia.”

“Wait ... Abby? Abby ... Austin?”

I nodded.

“My lawyers want me to meet you ... you are supposed to be much older.”

“Charles Sturt ... class of 2027 ... last year.” I pointed at Alice. “Alice Li class of 2030 next year. Alice Li, Leon. Leon, Alice.”

They did the polite things one does ... except he didn’t stand ... well ... he was standing ... well ... he was ‘up.’

“Why do your attorneys want us to meet?”

“‘Money should marry money,’ they said.”

“I see.” And I did.

Pensive moment.

“I accept.”

“What?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.