Anger Issues - Cover

Anger Issues

Copyright© 2023 by A Bad Attitude

Chapter 5

Robert---Like I said it was a month before I got around to going to see Sue, the sheriff’s daughter and now an attorney. I told her my story. I started when I joined the Marines, the time in combat, and the anger issues. I told her about how I had met Linda and the life we planned together. Then I stopped. This girl has tears in her eyes! My plans of telling her how I came home to find Linda gone went out the window. I was not going to lie to her.

“Sue, tell me about this ‘attorney-client privilege’ thing.”

She told me how anything I told her would be kept secret if she was my attorney. Then she asked for a dollar. I handed her a five.

“Now I am officially your attorney,” she laughed.

I told her what had happened and where I buried the bodies.

She is now laughing hysterically.

“Did I just fuck up telling you this? What’s so damn funny?”

“The exact same thing happened to me.”

“Sue, what the hell are you talking about?”

“You remember how you saved me in the parking lot some years ago?”

“Of course I remember.”

“Well I vowed that nobody was ever going to treat me like that again if I could help it. When I turned 21 I got a concealed carry permit. I practice every week and I am always armed.

In college I met a man I and fell in love with him. We married just after graduation. Then we started and finished law school together. We opened this practice here in town. Life was wonderful.

One day I had depositions in Memphis. They were supposed to last three days. We finished up in two and I headed home. Imagine my surprise when I opened my door to find my loving husband on my couch fucking a friend of ours from college. I shot them both in a fit of rage.”

“What did you do?”

“The only thing I could think of was to call Daddy. He told me to go to his house and he would take care of everything. About four hours later he and his brother came in and told me I could go home. I was never to mention anything about what I had done. I did have to buy a new couch. Mine was missing”

“Does he own a back-hoe?”

“No, but his brother, Uncle Tommy does.” Now we both were laughing.

We decided to go get some lunch at the City Café. Over lunch we talked and I asked her to go out with me that Friday night. We spent a lot of time together while my divorce from Linda for ‘abandonment’ worked its way thru the courts. Finally I was a free man and we married a month after my divorce was final.

I moved into her house in town. She did not like the smell of chicken shit! Lola Mae? She likes the new house and she is a great grandmother to our kids. Life is good!


Epilogue

Just in case anyone would like to know---I never ask “Daddy” about Sue’s first husband and he never mentions my first wife.

One more thing---My father caught me laughing at the way Lola Mae said something one and he said, “Never think that lady is stupid. Just because she talks slow and in her own style of Southern English does not mean she thinks slow. She is the smartest person in this house!” She proved him right on more than one occasion.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.