Banner Year - Cover

Banner Year

Copyright© 2005 by Shrink42

Chapter 26

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 26 - His values, his beliefs, his attitudes, and his skills had been developed since a young age, through many experiences - some unique, some thrilling, some terrifying. There came a time when he had to evaluate them all and depend on them all as never before.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   mt/Fa   Consensual   Rape   Violence  

The night of Beth Hall's visit, Cal slept no better than his former basketball coach. The remarks of both Coach Hall and his wife obviously referred to Chad Clark. But why would Chad be Hall's presumed starting point guard? Everyone had known that Cal was destined for that spot. Chad was not even a capable reserve.

As Cal lay awake for an unprecedented hour, random memories from the last eight months cycled through his mind. Every once in a while, one of them stood out. Principal Jameson's pained look when Cal had mentioned how strange the hiring of Hall was. Coach Meinert's stressed look the first several days of practice the previous year.

One particular memory leaped to the fore. Soon after the announcement of Coach Meinert's college job the previous spring, Cal had visited his old coach in his office. "It was a little strange, Cal," Meinert had said. "They said they were only interested in me. Didn't know my fame had spread so far across the country. It's a private school, so their hiring policies don't require the things a public university does."

Suddenly, Cal was sitting straight up in bed, wide awake. Hurrying down to the computer in the lower level, he began writing furiously. When he finished after a half hour, he was able to fall asleep instantly.

During his early morning workout, Cal pondered what to do with the theory he had worked up. It did not take long to decide that someone other than him would have to release it. He also realized that it would take a lot of research to validate it, research that Cal was not equipped to do.

A reporter was the logical person to take the story, but that left Cal with a couple of problems. First, there was no one reporter that he really trusted. Some had been more even-handed than others in their treatment of him, but there were none that he cared to hand a story of this magnitude.

A second concern was how and when the story would be released. He had no desire to harm the team, and if it was released during the season, it would cause mayhem. If a reporter got it, they would want to run it full speed.

Cal needed to talk to someone, but he could not decide who that should be. During one of his form drills, the obvious answer came to him. His parents. They had stood by him steadfastly through so much grief. How could he think of anyone else with something this potentially explosive.


It was easy to get his mother and dad alone after supper, as Rebecca was studying at Bobby's that night. When he asked to talk to them, they both looked a little puzzled until he handed them copies of his write-up from the night before. After reading through it, Martin just whistled, and Elaine swore.

"What should I do with this?" Cal asked

"How confident are you that it's true?" Martin asked.

"It has to be true," Elaine answered immediately. "It has Overland written all over it."

"Yeah, that's what I thought," Cal told them. "This should be handled by the press, but I can't think of anyone I want to give it to." The three sat quietly for a while, thinking.

"Cal, Honey," Elaine spoke up. "You're not mad at Tessa, or anything, are you?"

"Of course not. I'm happy for her. Why?"

"Welllll... she wants to be a journalist. Wouldn't this be a blockbuster for the school paper?"

"Elaine, I think this will take a professional to do all of the research," Martin cautioned. "Besides, I'm sure it would get censored out of the Fanfare."

There was another thoughtful silence, then Cal spoke again. "You know what, Dad? Mom's right. Actually, I'm not sure if I even want this published. Principal Jameson has done a good job, and it would probably get her fired. But still... Let's see if Tessa can do anything with it. If she can, then that will make the decision."

"Teri and Rick have to know, though," Elaine insisted.

Within an hour, Elaine, Martin, and Cal were at the Walts' home meeting with Tessa and her parents. The shock was obvious on all of their faces after Cal told them the plan and let them read his theory.

"This is true, I just know it!" Tessa blurted out. "But how can I prove it."

"Unfortunately, you can't get help from an experienced journalist," Rick said, "because they could never keep it quiet."

"Could you help with some travel money, Dad?" Tessa asked.

"Sure! I'd love to. Not sure I want you traveling alone, though."

"I can think of a pretty big bodyguard for her," Cal blurted out, causing them all to laugh. "Seriously, she can't get help from a journalist, but she could from an investigator. They are paid to be confidential. Dex has a friend who runs a PI company. Of course that would cost money, too."

"I'll pay out of my money," Elaine insisted immediately. "If there's any chance of nailing those damned Overlands, it will be worth every penny."

"I'll split with you," Rick said enthusiastically.

"Maybe this is thinking way ahead," Martin said, "but we need to think about copyrighting."

"So you're convinced it's true, too, Dad?" Cal asked.

"Well, I felt pretty positive. But I'm even more positive about your mother's intuition." The look he got from Elaine bode well for a pleasant bedtime.

Teri got her concern on the table, laced with a bit of humor. "You're not going to get all distracted and let Rebecca beat you out for valedictorian, are you, Tessa?"

When the others finished laughing, Tessa joked "No problem. Bobby's already distracted her and beaten her out."

Cal wondered if it was wise for him, but he just plunged ahead. "Good thing you don't have any similar distractions, Tessa." She blushed and threw a decorative pillow at him, but took it in a good spirit. Teri could not hide a brief expression of sadness.

Recovering, Teri took the floor. "That brings up another subject we might as well all discuss. With Cal having more time on his hands, there is a lot of photo business that I have had to turn down. Now, maybe he can handle some of it."

"Yeah, I've thought about that," Cal replied.

"The problem is, you need an assistant," Teri went on. "I can handle some, but not very much. Tessa is pretty busy with school, and Vick, and now this story."

"It would probably be more comfortable for you if you didn't have to help any more, wouldn't it?" Cal asked Tessa. She nodded, the incipient tears obvious to everyone. "Hey! Hey! It's nothing to get upset about. I'll just have to find someone else."

Tessa quickly composed herself and spoke up. "I've got a suggestion for you. You know Jean del Prado?" Jean was the girl Cal had done the free portrait for early on. She was in a few of his classes and they were quite friendly with each other. "Well, it turns out Jean is a good photographer. They're really poor and she can't afford a good camera, but she has submitted some very nice shots for the paper. I think she would jump at the chance for a job."

Cal looked at his parents. "Would you mind having an outsider coming in to work in the lab?"

"Oh, of course not," Elaine answered. "I'm sure she's a nice girl. Uh, how will Cheryl react?"

"Geez! Everything gets complicated, doesn't it?" Cal complained. "She's too busy to do it herself. We'll just talk about it and it will be OK. I'll have to talk to Jean's mother about the kind of pictures we sometimes take. Don't want any problem there."


Not only was the press rough on Cal, the students were positively venomous, with many of his teammates among the worst. Monday, the story was just getting around, but by Tuesday, everyone knew. At lunch Tuesday, Dante came and sat by Cal as he often did. Mahmound Salaam walked by and seemed about to drop his tray.

"Shit, Dante, man! How can you eat with that quitter?"

"Hey, 'Moud!" Dante retorted. "Sit down here!" Mahmoud was very reluctant, but it was hard to say 'no' to Dante. Dante looked at Cal for permission to tell his friend, but Cal shook his head slightly. Dante looked upset for a moment, then turned to Mahmoud.

"Look, Man. I can't tell you much, but get this. Go easy on Cal. He has a very good reason. Later, when you find out, you'll feel bad for raggin' on him."

"But to just walk away!"

"I'm tellin' ya! It's a righteous reason. Will you take my word for it? Besides, if we hang with Cal, it'll piss off Hall somethin' mighty. How about that?" Salaam did not look convinced, but showing respect for Dante, he stayed and finished lunch.

Apparently, Dante or Terrell talked to Mahmoud more after school, because from then on, the lunch patterns continued as they had been all year. Cal was quite sure that Mahmoud had been told the real story. After thinking about it, he decided he could not be angry with Dante because of it.


During a class they had together, Cal asked Jean del Prado if he could talk with her and her mother that evening about a job for Jean. Later, at their very modest home, he laid it out.

"Mrs. Walts and I have built a successful little photography business by going to people's homes to take the pictures. I need an assistant to do a good job, and Tessa can't do it any more." Cal saw from Jean's little grin that she fully understood the real reason.

"I understand that Jean has a real interest in photography, and this could be good for both of us." Cal went on to lay out the pay and the estimated time requirements. Both Jean and her mother responded very positively.

"There is something that neither of you know that could change your minds. I am trusting you not to spread this around. We take all kinds of pictures that the customers ask for, except for pornographic ones. That means that some customers want nude pictures, and we do them."

Both women were stunned for a moment, then Mrs. del Prado said "Oh, my! I don't think Jean should get involved with that. It's against everything we have been taught."

Cal could see Jean trapped between her desire for the job and her desire to be respectful to her mother, and his opinion of her rose even higher. "Mrs. del Prado, I can understand your concern. Let me say a few things." Cal was now about to promise things that he had not thought through, but he had decided that Jean was the perfect choice.

"First of all, I have not seen any of Jean's work, but Tessa tells me she has talent, and Tessa should know. After next year, I will probably no longer be in town. The business will either have to shut down, or someone else will have to do the photography. This is not a promise, but I will give Jean every chance to take over as the photographer if she is interested."

Jean's gasp told Cal that he had done a good thing. "Now, I would be willing to sign both of you up as employees, just so you, Mrs. del Prado, could come to the lab and see the pictures that we take. I know they may be shocking to you, but you would see that they are not dirty pictures. If you have any interest, you could even learn to do developing and printing so perhaps you could help Jean in the business if she takes it over."

"Do... do you really think I could do that?" Jean asked, her disbelief obvious.

"Jean, I am just thinking out loud here, but I do think it is possible. Of course, I haven't seen your first picture yet." With that, Jean jumped up and ran from the room, returning shortly with a large loose-leaf binder full of pictures that she laid in Cal's lap.

"I have been upset with her many times for spending money we do not have on her pictures," Mrs. del Prado said. "Maybe something good will come of it. But nude pictures! I don't know."

"Momma, listen to me. You know we can't afford college. My grades will never get me a scholarship. I'm not good at very many things, but I can take pictures. This is one chance in a million. Please! Please! Let me try. Come and see the pictures."

"Can you show me some of the nude pictures you have taken," Mrs. del Prado asked reluctantly. Once again Cal was touched. Now, the mother was balancing her scruples against her desire to give her daughter a chance at a better life.

"No, I can't. I return all pictures and all negatives to the customer as soon as possible. It is part of our promise that we do not keep anything."

"Oh, that is probably best," Mrs. del Prado responded. "Jeannie, I will have to say lots of rosaries because of this, but I can't deny you this chance." Jean flew into her mother's arms for a tearful hug, then looked at Cal in some embarrassment. He was busy going through her folder of pictures.

The next night, the del Prados had supper at the Banner house, and Cal gave them a detailed tour of the lab. The following Saturday was the next shoot, and by then, Jean had gone through setting up the equipment several times and handled it all very well.


Without the time pressure of practice, Cal had more time to attend Cheryl's basketball games, and even to watch some of her practices. At first, the girls' coach was not at all happy about Cal hanging around, given the fact that he had quit. Among the athletic staff, he was considered the bad guy. None of the other coaches liked Hall, but just quitting was not acceptable.

Cheryl's basketball team was probably destined to be middle of the pack, but as Cal watched the first few games and several practices, he thought they should be better than that. Talking with Cheryl after one game, he asked if the three girls who played the most at guard would be willing to talk with him. Two of them had the same lunch period, and it was arranged for the next day.

The girls were very reluctant to even be seen with Cal, but Cheryl was persuasive. On the first day, he just shared two things that he had discovered or learned from Dex Madison. In basketball, subtle things that might only affect a few possessions can still change a game. Cal's first two tips just dealt with a guard's court position in key situations.

It took a couple of weeks of practice, but eventually, the girls were eager for their sessions with Cal. When he talked Dex into driving out for one lunch period when Dex did not have class, the girls skipped the next period to talk with the two guys.

The girls' team did not have championship potential, but they began winning more than they lost.

After he had left the team, Cal faced a decision: should he attend the games. Actually, it was not a hard decision. He had nothing against his former teammates and he wanted them to succeed, particularly Dante. No one would view his presence as supporting Hall, so he decided to be a faithful fan. He made it a point to greet the players before they headed to the locker room. Dante and Terrell, in particular, made sure to wait for him.

Probably due to Hall's desperation over possible charges of racism, the talented black trio started the next game and every game thereafter. Hall did not abandon his system, though, and he put severe restrictions on the kind of moves that he would allow. Nor did he moderate his harsh treatment of his players. It was obvious to any keen observer that the gulf between coach and players was exceptionally wide.

Although he had been the most uncomfortable with Hall's system, Mahmoud Salaam ended up as the point guard. Even though he was 6'4", he was an excellent dribbler and passer. He was also a pragmatist who understood that it was his best chance to play.

Cal further reduced Mahmoud's antipathy by taking him to an Addison game and then to dinner at Dex's house. There, they discussed things that Dex had learned playing against some teams that used a controlled style similar to Hall's. Mahmoud felt that he had picked up a few tips about the point guard position that could really help him. He hated the way they had to play, but the competitor in him wanted to do the best he could.

Everyone close to Cal kept asking him if he missed basketball, but the answer was never simple. He definitely missed it as it was played under Coach Meinert. And regardless of how the game was coached, Cal missed the competition.


Christmas break from school was extremely busy for Cal. Teri had scheduled a lot of shoots; so many, in fact, that he was begrudging the time away from Cheryl. A big decision was a large family gathering on Christmas day that the customer wanted a detailed photo record of. Martin and Elaine were not at all happy about the prospect of Cal working that day, but when the proposed add-on charge was agreed to without question, Cal could not refuse.

Part of his reason for accepting the job was Jean. Having never had a spare dollar to spend, the new job was like a dream come true for her. Cal found her to be very conscientious and systematic, which fit his own style perfectly. She also caught on to the lab work very quickly.

The biggest bonus from hiring Jean was her skill with the camera. She really did have the eye for it. In particular, she had a knack for children's pictures. Cal had taken a lot of them himself, and they were up to his usual quality. He had to admit, though, that Jean got something out of the kids that he just could not duplicate. To her absolute delight, he had her working the camera when there were children involved by their fourth date. They traded off, but she was still thrilled.

For the Christmas day shoot, there were kids of all ages all over the large house. The level of excitement made static posing an impossibility, so Cal gave Jean one camera while he took another, and they shot many rolls of impromptu shots. Cal just watched Jean for a while and was impressed with the way she treated the camera. It was top-of-the-line, but to Cal, it was just a tool. Jean, however, treated it as a sacred object that she was privileged to touch.

Part of Cal's satisfaction with his new assistant was the sense that he was doing something good for people who deserved it. Mrs. del Prado had come to the house several times to review photos, even though no nude sessions had been scheduled. Jean was like a little kid displaying the shots that Cal had let her take. Once again, Cal could see that unique bond between mother and daughter, the bond that Cheryl felt so deprived of.

It was two days after Christmas that the first nude session was scheduled. Cal talked to Jean all the way to the house, making sure that she was ready. As much as she claimed she was OK, it was still a shock to her.

The husband had apparently seen a lot of erotic Christmas-themed pictures on the Net and wanted some of his wife. First of all, Cal made sure that the wife was a willing participant, and she was actually giddily enthusiastic. Next, he had to refuse some poses that were too borderline porno for the standards they had developed.

Cal had instituted a policy of giving the pictures that Jean took to the customer, but not charging for them, and Jean did not seem at all insulted. The policy did not have to be maintained for long, as it turned out. For her first nude shots, she could hardly keep her hands from shaking, but she got through it. The husband was not in any of the pictures. Mrs. del Prado reviewed the shots, and she was obviously unhappy. However, she congratulated Jean on her work, and did not try to prohibit her involvement.


As Christmas approached, there was little holiday spirit at the Overland house. The three surgeries on Greg's knee had taken until well into October, and rehab had started soon afterward. Rehab was pure hell, and predictably, Greg was not handling it well.

Of course, all necessary equipment had been set up at the Overland estate, and a therapist had been hired. Actually, Greg was on his third therapist as December ticked away. One had made it six weeks, but the second had all she could take after one week. Although the therapist never gave a reason, Genevieve was quite sure that Greg had made unwanted advances at the attractive but very professional young woman.

Since the attack, Greg had been celibate - a very long time for him. The day of the picnic, he was already feeling the effects of his diseases, though not enough to stop him from attacking Rebecca. Afterward, the pain in his penis became all scrambled up with his other pains and smothered by the pain pills that were to be his steady diet for many months to come.

The legal battle over Greg's conspiracy charge was turning into a delaying action, trying to gain enough time for his knee to recover.

The crime had occurred in a county away from the Overlands' home. It was a county that was very proud of its low crime rate and consistently elected very conservative judges and DAs. The prominence of Greg's family was actually a negative in the situation, offering the DA a chance for a high profile 'score'.

By a stroke of luck for the Overlands, when Greg revealed that he had gotten the money from his mother, he did not admit to having told her what it was for. The lawyers managed to keep everyone quiet on that point, and the DA decided there was not enough evidence against Penelope to proceed to a grand jury. The fact that gifts to Greg of that size or greater were not uncommon was a key point.

Not that Penelope felt huge relief at not being charged. She was so upset at the certainty of Greg's incarceration that she could hardly feel anything. Thrice-weekly therapy sessions kept her minimally functional, but the lawyers lived in fear of what she might say if questioned again.

Naturally, plea bargains had been offered, but so far, the proposed prison terms were only marginally less than might have been imposed after a trial. Greg's legal team had been reduced to attacking the DA's budget. They hoped that by employing every delaying tactic imaginable, the DA would try to reduce the expense hit by offering a much more attractive plea bargain. So far, it was a standoff, but political pressure on the DA was building.

Even though he had been told repeatedly, Greg appeared not to believe that he would have to go to prison. His doctors' and therapists' urgency for him to make progress in his rehab had not stimulated him at all. He seemed genuinely insulted that they could not just fix him without his having to endure the work and the pain.

For many supremely arrogant, self-centered people, some traumatic event will bring them to understanding and acceptance of their true significance in the universe. Or, it will at least attenuate their delusions of omnipotence. Greg had certainly had his traumatic event - or sequence of events, but his opinion of himself seemed completely unaffected.

Definitions of psychosis sometimes refer to 'loss of contact with reality'. As Cheryl could attest, that applied to Greg. Too often, he had no contact with the realities of behavior norms, rules, or laws that applied to him. Being intelligent, social, and competitive, he was able to fit in and act in a fairly normal fashion. But it was always with the conviction that he should not have to live by those restrictions.

Alcohol and various other drugs are known to reduce inhibitions. Reduced inhibitions means one acts more according to their true feelings and urges. In his heart, Greg believed there was no legitimate reason why he could not have sex with any girl he chose. With his inhibitions beaten down by his heavy drinking the day of the party at the lake, he tried to exert his natural right to have sex with Rebecca. After the fact and sober, his psychosis would not allow him acknowledge that he was in the wrong.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.