Johnny Pulaski and the Cult of Amun-Ra - Cover

Johnny Pulaski and the Cult of Amun-Ra

Copyright© 2019 by Joe J

Chapter 8

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 8 - Johnny took a summer job as a medic for an archeological dig at the Karnak Temple Complex in Egypt. It was just another job until the archeologists discovered a set of stairs leading down to a massive tunnel system under the temple. The tunnels were occupied by the spirit of an ancient priest from the Cult of Amun-Ra. The old man needed Johnny's help to avoid a disaster in 1250BC, during the reign of the Pharaoh Ramses the Great.

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Science Fiction   Alternate History   Harem  

Princess Henuttawy visited her mother, Nefertari, at Luxor Palace the day after the start of the Festival of Opet. The Princess was relieved that her mother was out of the public eye because she was in the late stages of pregnancy. The two women caught up on each other’s lives for the last year before Kopi steered the conversation toward palace intrigue.

“Why did Father let Inumut wed Bintanath? I thought she was promised to my brother Mentu.” She asked.

“The Vizier convinced your father for her hand. I did not protest because she was not a good match for Mentu. He is such a quiet and studious boy and she is such an evil witch,” replied Queen Nefertari.

Kopi burst into laughter at her Mother’s pronouncement before she continued.

“I also do not trust the Hêtshepsu and neither does Lord Amunaten. Please be careful around them both.”

“We are in agreement on that,” said the Queen. “But the Pharaoh has great trust and faith in Inumut. Casting aspersions on the Vizier will only cause us to lose favor in court not him.”


On the last day of the Festival of Opet, the shrines of the Theban Triad of Gods returned to their home at Karnak the Ipet-isut (“The Most Selected of Places”). The Pharaoh himself returned them from Luxor by sailing them down the Nile in his Royal Barge. A colorful flotilla of boats accompanied Ramses on the short journey. The shrines were back in their Golden Barques for the trip.

The Royal Barge tied up to the stone quay located about a quarter mile west of the Second Pylon. The quay was connected to the temple complex by a broad stone-paved avenue lined with ram-headed sphinxes.

Ramses the Great and the entourage that met the procession at Luxor were the first to exit the barge. They were followed by stocky oarsmen carefully carrying the Holy Barques of Amun-Ra, his wife Maut and their son Khonsu.

Standing in two files, one on either side of the avenue, were Alarec and his Honor Guard Platoon. Alarec gave a command and the warrior-priests slammed the bronze butts of their spears on the stone pavers with a resounding crack. Then they shouted in perfect unison, “long live Ramses!” before they all dropped to one knee.

It was a display of military precision that impressed even Ramses. He nodded toward Alarec and said something to the Grand Vizier. Inumut glanced at the Amun-Ra priest and frowned before answering the Pharaoh.

The homecoming of the Shrines was an awe-inspiring pageant. The weather was perfect, with moderate temperatures and a nice breeze blowing off the Nile. Six yellow pennants snapped and fluttered atop sixty-foot masts set into the front façade of the Second Pylon. The vibrant colors of the large mural on the face of the pylon that depicted Ramses routing the Hittites in the Battle of Kadesh sparkled in the afternoon sun.

The royal party and the barques moved through the pylon gate between identical 30-foot statues of Ramses seated on his throne and wearing the double crown of unified Egypt. Inside the pylon gate was the First Courtyard. The courtyard was an artificial glade formed around a small square pond. The glade was filled with exotic birds and plants.

The entrance to the Great Hypostyle Hall was directly past the First Courtyard. The Amunaten was standing between the first pair of middle columns. There were 16 rows of columns holding up the stone lintels and stone slab roof that shaded the hall. The middle two rows were significantly taller and bigger around. It was a majestic portico for the Temple. Behind the Amunaten were two ranks of priests and priestesses, including Kopi, Li Na and Ruth.

Ramses stopped in front of the old priest.

“Ramses, Ra’s incarnation on Earth returns these shrines back into the care the Temple of Amun-Ra. Ra has favored us with the blessing of a bountiful flood, and I have blessed my people with another year of peaceful prosperity.” The Pharaoh spoke by rote.

Sulihotep bowed to Ramses and motioned the barques forward. The ranks of priests and priestesses separated, Sulihotep and the barques passed between them and they formed a solemn procession to the Sanctuary of Ra.

After the ceremony, Alarec was supervising the cleaning and storage of weapons when Sulihotep sent an acolyte to fetch him. Alarec, still in his chain mail corselet and wearing his ceremonial khopesh, hustled to the Amunaten’s above ground chambers located behind the Sanctuary of Ra.

“The Pharaoh has sent for us, my son. We are to meet him at his barge,” the old man stated.

Alarec nodded and sprinted to the armory to grab his helmet and shield. Better to be in complete uniform than partially dressed he figured. He caught up with the Amunaten partway down the Avenue of Ram-headed Sphinxes. Together, they presented themselves to the Royal Guards stationed at the gangplank of the Pharaoh’s lavish barge.

The Pharaoh saw them straight away so in minutes the priests were bowing before the king. Alarec stood a step behind the Amunaten, his helmet in the crook of his arm.

Ramses started speaking immediately.

“I thought this one was a healer Ancient Priest,” he said Gesturing toward Alarec.

“In these unsettled times he is both healer and warrior My Pharaoh,” Sulihotep replied.

Ramses frowned and nodded.

“I am well aware that the squabbling between the God has spilled down to our priests and temples. My Hêtshepsu assures me it is commonplace in our history. He counsels me to ignore their petty grievances and the Gods will settle the matter,” Ramses said.

Sulihotep’s anger flared but his expression didn’t change.

“No doubt wise council your Highness,” he said blandly.

Then he asked, “How can the Cult of Amun-Ra serve you Mighty Ramses?”

“A Libyan army has claimed a rich portion of the Western Nile Delta. They have murdered many farmers and burned several settlements.

“I march in two days at the head of the Amun Division to correct this wrong. We will join forces with the Ra Division commanded by my son Amun-her-khepeshef at Mallawi. From Mallawi both divisions will head southwest toward the western river delta while my son Khaemwaset will travel west from Memphis leading the Ptah Division. Between us we will grind the Libyan usurpers to dust. The Hêtshepsu will remain here with the Seth Division to protect our southern borders.

“You, your warrior priests and your healers will accompany my Amun Division. I will assign a Captain to command your warriors.”

“We will proudly serve you Great Pharaoh. And it might please you to know I have a company of thirty chariots and a worthy Battle Captain,” Sulihotep said as he nodded toward Alarec.

Inumut the Vizier spoke up, “We choose Captains from the nobility. They have the education and training to lead.”

“You know the priesthood does not bother with titles or birthrights. We serve a higher calling. As for education, Alarec has been a pupil for twenty years and you saw how the honor guard performed under his leadership,” Sulihotep rebutted.

The Vizier looked daggers at the old priest, but he kept his mouth shut when Ramses said, “So be it.”


It was a busy three days for Alarec and his wives. The women were among the warrior priests of whom Sulihotep spoke. The three of them manned one chariot. In fact, all the warriors of the Cult of Amun-Ra fought three to a chariot. Alarec designed the chariots with three extra square feet to accommodate another warrior. The extra fighter doubled the effectiveness of the chariot and more than made up for the loss of speed.

The chariots also served as the transport for their personal gear. The Amun-Ra charioteers walked with the chariot unless they were riding it into battle. Only the rich nobles had carts and servants to transport their equipment. The priests and priestess of Amun-Ra carried only food, a shelter to sleep under and their weapons and armor. While the nobility traveled with every luxury.

It took a week to reach the shore opposite Mallawi and two days to ferry the division across the Nile.

By day ten Ramses the Great was at the head of an army of 10,000 men and over two thousand chariots. Each division had twenty-five squadrons of fifty chariots. Each squadron of chariots had one hundred charioteers, three hundred infantry men and one hundred archers. Five squadrons of chariots made up a pedjet. There were five pedjets in a division. The composition of a division had proven its worth for over three hundred years.

The warrior priests of the Cult of Amun-Ra numbered a few more than one hundred. There were thirty war chariots with crews of three. And ten chariots crewed by healers. The healer chariots were an early form of battlefield ambulance that Johnny’s memories suggested to Alarec. The cult’s warriors and healers stayed with Ramses command element as they moved to engage the Libyans.

Ramses scouts reported the Libyan Army was encamped around an oasis two days march from the Egyptian Army and just West of the Egyptian city of Athribis. Athribis was fifty miles inside the border with Libya. His scouts also informed him that Prince Khaemwaset and the Ptah Division were two days march from both Ramses and the Libyans.

Ramses conferred with his eldest son, Amun-her-khepeshef, who was an excellent tactician. Together they devised a plan that would trap and crush the Libyans. Ramses didn’t want to only expel the invaders; he was going to make sure they didn’t return. To that end the Division of Ra swept west to block the Libyans retreat and a message was sent to the Ptah Division Commander, ‘move into position quietly and attack at daybreak three days hence.’

Prince Khaemwaset was only twenty-three but already an excellent commander of troops. His Ptah Division was composed of mercenaries from east of the Nile. There were Canaanites, Syrians and many Sherdens. The Sherdens were a fierce people who lived along the Eastern Mediterranean coast.

Khaemwaset received the order from his father and moved his division into position. He arrayed his forces in a loose battle formation and ordered that they rest before they attacked the Libyans the next morning at dawn. All was ready, it would be a great victory for him and Egypt. Then, in the middle of the night before his triumph, a Sherden assassin slipped under the edge of his tent and slit his throat.


Crown Prince Amun-her-khepeshef maneuvered his Division well west of the Libyans to avoid detection then moved toward the foreign occupiers. He was in position a mile away and in attack formation when dawn broke on the appointed day. As soon as the sun peeked over the Nile he charged, five hundred chariots in the lead. The Division of Amun, commanded by Ramses the Great attacked at the same time from the north.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.