B. J. Jones the Story of My Life Book 3 - Cover

B. J. Jones the Story of My Life Book 3

Copyright© 2021 by jballs

Chapter 13

The water cooler whispers had turned into a roar Tuesday and Wednesday. The media was trying anything it could from everywhere to get at least an anonymous source for an inside scoop about the firing of Mr. Woods. It wasn’t happening - everyone had suddenly become unavailable.

Thursday became Friday; Melinda and Hanna’s news groups were on their way back. I asked them to critique this first group before they left Iran to see how we could streamline the process.

Harry had chosen six groups on Monday to leave Saturday morning on another freight flight from Dover. With six groups at a time, it would take ten weeks for all the news groups to get the chance to visit Iran.

All my mates along with all the kids came over Friday night. There were big things happening on Saturday, Sunday and Monday leading up to the inauguration on Tuesday. There were pre-inauguration parties and dances starting Saturday night. Gordon and his wife were staying in the guest house as well as dance partners for the rest of my mates.

This would probably be the last public event before we announced that Marcy and Vicky were expecting. They weren’t showing a lot yet at four months but with their slender figure at five months, it would be noticeable. I could tell there was a little bulge there.

I had been to the doctor with them the last two months and had escaped detection because of the holidays, Iran and the election had occupied so much of the medias’ time. I was hoping an arrangement could be reached with the doc for their appointments to be the last of the day so I could still get in unnoticed or unrecognized. At least for a while longer.

Jason, Lisa, Mom and Dad did not want to attend any of the pre-inauguration parties, but were coming to see me get sworn in and would attend a couple of the parties Tuesday night.

We had a blast Saturday and Sunday. We attended four parties and four dances. My little men - JJ and RJ - had new tuxes and looked sharp. I only danced one dance at each event with Gordon to allow him some time to spend with his wife.

I did get a surprise Saturday afternoon, Andy called to ask if it was too late for him to change his mind and come to my inauguration and the after dance festivities. He wanted to bring Shelia, Sandy and William. It would be a once in a lifetime event for them that they would never forget. He didn’t think it would be right to deny them that experience.

I told him I was glad he decided to come, and I would call the dress shop for the girls to get fitted as they were in a rush for dresses. They were on call for White House events and had done the dresses for my group. I asked about tuxes for him and William if they needed them as I could arrange that at the same time.

I made the call and set things up for them to come over early Monday morning in one of the helicopters. I had plenty of people that could scoffer chauffeur them around and a place for them to stay.

There were five designer dresses delivered for me. One each for Saturday, Sunday and Monday and two for Tuesday, one to take the oath in and another for the evening’s parties. My mates each had five. The designers were going to be on hand to make last minute fitting adjustments.

I hated all the fuss, but my mates were on cloud nine. I would have just as soon taken the oath on Tuesday in camo, but I knew better than even whisper about that.

When in Rome do as the Romans do - only problem was I was the emperor. Everyone would be following my lead - the fashion experts had been speculating for days how I would be dressed. The betting parlors were taking odds - dress or pantsuit. I learned Troy had money on both so he couldn’t lose.

Life was easy for our male dance partners - one tux for all five events. All of them had their wives with them for all functions. Marcy knew the wives were facing the same challenge with dresses and theirs would not be paid for like ours were. She had given the ladies a ten thousand dollar clothing allowance for the festivities.

Marcy was going to pay for all of ours; we didn’t need the hassle from the media spouting off about a special interest paying for the dresses or the events. But the designers and famous makers insisted they were free and had done the same for all first ladies.

Marcy was paying the hotel, the meals and ball rooms for dancing for one of the events. The girls had a list of important clients that they thought such an invite may be productive.

By paying instead of seeking donations, it would give the appearance that corporations weren’t buying access to the President by huge donations to the inauguration committee.

Even so there were dozens of events sponsored by industry and special interest groups for party goers to attend. This was an attempt to backdoor influence any way they could.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.