The Ledge - Cover

The Ledge

by Limnophile

Copyright© 2022 by Limnophile

Science Fiction Story: A quick sci-fi horror story for video game enthusiasts, especially anyone familiar with the Castlevania or Mario series. Contains videogame-style violence/gore but no sex. - - - If you haven't played many arcade games, this may not be for you. If you've never been to a video arcade, ask your grandparents.

Tags: Fiction   Humor   Science Fiction   Revenge   Violence  

I screamed as I fell from the ledge. I knew it was thirty-six floors down. This was terrifying, and far from quick. I saw colored dots on the street expand into tiny toy cars, then gradually get bigger and bigger. A bird looked at me, as I fell past it. I tried to grab it out of panic, though I knew it wouldn’t help. The cars were looking real now. It wouldn’t be much longer, ten floors to go!

I felt agony everywhere, as every bone I had was broken or crushed. My blood and organs created a puddle ten times the size of my body. I even felt the tiny bones in my ears break.

A truck rolled over what was left of me, making it slightly worse.

I thought; “Please make it stop!”

I saw a glowing red pistol appear near me, floating in the air. It pointed at what was left of my head. Large red numbers appeared next to it. 29... 28...

Huge red words rested on the building. “Continue 1 Player? Insert coin.” 27... 26...

A gigantic, nerdy looking boy was the size of half the sky. I saw his crooked nose and messy hair, as he said; “But it’s level 36! The farthest you ever got! Don’t you want to see the end?” 21... 20... 19...

An enormous, nerdy looking girl, with braces and lots of pimples, said; “But I only have five left until my allowance on Saturday, and I have to finish a book report tonight.”

The two of them left the world. 9... 8... 7...

A huge young boy stepped into view. 5... 4... 3...

He put in a handful of coins!

As soon as I had a working mouth again, I screamed; “NOOOO!!!”

In the background, Simon and Mario gave each other a high-five, as they watched their revenge in progress.

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.