25 December 2009 - Cover

25 December 2009

Copyright© 2023 by Mustang

Chapter 3

The time passed quickly; it took until one in the afternoon to finish opening all the presents. Danny was a make-believe astronaut flying around with his model of the space shuttle. He got mad when Jessica began playing with his toy car. Timmy played the peacemaker, letting her play with his Darrel Earnhardt Jr stock car toy.

Dan and Jake picked up the mountain of discarded paper and boxes, recycling what they could as the babies were tended to with feeding and changing.

“The Falcons are having another strong year,” Dan mentioned.

“We are. I know that Brad is pissed that he got injured during the selection camp for the World Juniors and missed out on the chance of a lifetime.”

“I’ll have a talk with him.”

“I know this time of year, people can get mushy, but I want to thank you again for loving Mom. You’ve made her family complete by having a baby girl.”

“I do love Wendy.”

“I worry about her being out so often. I know you have an open relationship with her and the others, but she seems to have a never-ending need for other men and is neglecting her family.”

“She certainly has become a wild one lately. I’m sure it will pass. Being pregnant and giving birth is rough on a woman’s body and mind.”

“How are you doing, Timmy?” Dan asked as he joined them.

“I’m having a good Christmas. Danny and I are close to the same age, so we play a lot together.”


Sarg and Major heard a noise outside and went to the front door. Moments later, their tails wagged as they recognized Brad and Abby.

“Merry Christmas, every one!” Brad announced.

“Abby! Abby!” Jessica shrieked, squirming from Cathy’s lap and hurrying to her.

She took off her coat in time to stoop and pick up Jessica. She proudly showed her a doll she got from Santa and a book from Jake.

“It looks like you’ll be doing some reading,” Cathy remarked. She let her down by greeting everyone, just as Brad did.

“All we need are Brenda and Diane, and the family gathering is complete,” Karen mentioned.

“They’ll be over this evening after Peter and Derek have eaten all the turkey,” Brad said, shaking his dad’s hand.

“Better hide what we don’t eat from them,” Karen joked.

“How’s the wrist healing?” Dan asked about his injury.

“To me, it’s back to normal, maybe a little stiff.”

“I still have my slap shot machine in the basement. You can use it to help strengthen your wrist.”

“Thanks, Dad.”

“Are you going to watch Canada’s game against Latvia tomorrow?”

“Jake, Pete, Derek, and I, plus a few of the guys, are going to watch it. But I should be playing in it, not watching it on TV.”

“Yes, it does suck to be injured, and you couldn’t help that. Try to draw on that disappointment to inspire you for the rest of the season and into the playoffs. I know that the worlds are important, but winning another Memorial Cup will go a long way to soothing this regret.”

“Thanks, Dad. You’re just like Abby. You have that magical touch with me.”

“I think you prefer Abby’s touch over mine,” he smiled.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.