Blood Moon Chronicles: Book 3: A New Moon Rises - Cover

Blood Moon Chronicles: Book 3: A New Moon Rises

Copyright© 2012 by James Howlette

Chapter 10

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 10 - Book 3 in the story of Young Davik, and his Quest for vengeance. Davik is now changing and must learn to control his new abilities. But the beast is on the move too, and soon the two forces will clash. Who will prevail and could something new be born out of their conflict.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including NonConsensual   Rape   BiSexual   Fiction   non-anthro   Were animal   Big Breasts   Size   Slow   Violence  

Even though there had been eighteen years since he had left, the smell of what lay inside had remained. The smell of decaying flesh filled the building, and I tried to control myself. Lillian had to leave, as the sight and smell were too much for her. I heard her asking for the Patron and whoever took care of the village’s dead to come to the shop immediately. The door muffled what she said next and I tried to focus. I needed to see what had happened in that room.

There were two beds on the far side. The frames were metal, and the legs had been secured to the stone floor. Both beds had the decayed remains of a person, with a chain that went from the base of one bed leg, up to the prisoner’s closest leg.

There was another door to the side, and I was surprised to find it unlocked, though it looked like it had been out of the prisoner’s reach. Upon opening it, I felt the urge to throw up the contents of my stomach yet again. It looked like there had been signs of horror inside, as well as the mangled remains of multiple people. There were claw marks on the door, as well as the walls and the remains had large bites taken out of them. It looked like Brenson had locked himself in and fed on people. As for the two on the bed, it looked like he had tried to make more of himself – to duplicate himself - and failed.

As I made my way out of the room, Lillian entered with the Patron and Agetha followed not that long after. The Patron, against warnings from both Lillian and I, looked in on the room we had finally opened. Soon, he was retching, but was able to make it outside before he emptied the contents of his stomach onto the ground. Agetha looked inside and simply shook her head and sighed.

“There had been some accidents twenty years ago, as well as a few villagers that had gone missing.” she said. “They had not been traveling with Brenson, so we never thought there had been foul play, but I am starting to think he was behind it. You two can go outside, I will get the help I need to clear out the remains, shortly.”

We both nodded and Lillian went to the bookshelf and began pulling books from the shelves. Once she was done, the pack was overflowing with books and she needed two hands to carry it. She handed it to me with a smile and we left with the pack, happy to be out of that den of torture. We found the Patron talking to the guards when we got outside, and he waved us over to him.

“I had no idea that a monster like that lived in our little village. Once we give his victims a proper burial, we will burn that place to the ground.”

We agreed and apologized for what we had found, though it had not been our fault. The Patron bade us goodbye and then returned to his conversation with the guard. We made our way to the inn, but I could not shake the sinking feeling in my stomach.

“Lillian, while I want to let you rest, I fear that we need to return to the cave. I do not just fear for us, but for those who may help us. If Brenson learns what we have found, and that the village has hidden that I have been here, his vengeance would be terrible. Many people here would be killed and I could not live with that on my conscience.”

“I have to agree with you, Davik,’ she replied, her voice hushed so only we could hear. “I, too, fear that he may find us here and hurt people to get to you. If he were to learn of his connection to me, he would stop at nothing and kill everyone in his path to get to me.”

“Then we are in agreement,” I said with a nod. “We will collect our things and make for my camp. If we hurry, we can arrive before dark. Though now I wish I had not given Sarah the cured meat I had. We will need meat to limit our time spent in Fardun.”

We arrived at the inn and I found Fergus manning the counter. We told him that circumstances had forced us to leave.

“What do you mean you have to leave, Davik? I thought that your friend needed time to heal. In fact, I am surprised she is up and walking about.”

“I heal quickly,” Lillian said with a smile. “Besides, the injuries looked worse than they really were, and I plan to continue to use the salves given by Agetha to continue my healing. However, it is not safe for us to be here. We recently found out how disturbed Brenson is and we do not want anyone hurt if he tries to get to us.”

“I guess I understand that,” he said with a sigh. “At least let my wife give you a package for your travels - there is only so much rabbit a man can eat.”

That made me laugh a bit, as I knew all too well what he was referring to, though Lillian had a confused look on her face. We went upstairs to collect our things, while Fergus went to speak to his wife.

“A person can only eat so much rabbit, before it starts to have bad effects on the body and the mind.” I explained. “That is why I was hunting elk, and why I had planned to use the Tora. However, a pack of wolves made off with the carcass before I could get to it.”

She simply nodded in reply and we made our way to the room. Roger unlocked the door for us when we arrived. We quickly gathered our things and said our goodbyes before heading back down. We found Fergus and Sarah waiting for us with another pack full of food. Lillian broke out laughing at the look on my face, and soon everyone else did, as well. I, however, was not amused and took the pack.

“Thanks, as always, Fergus. Hopefully, we are being silly, but we do not want to take the chance.”

We said our goodbyes and I handed Lillian my pack, as it was the lighter of the three. I then put the books on my back and the food pack across my chest. I then took some rope from my pack and we tied it around the packs to make sure they would not slip off during our journey. We started walking back towards my camp, and I saw a smile on Lillian’s face.

“Lillian, I am sure you are wondering how I will carry the three packs and you, to get to the camp. The answer is I will not. Even with my new strength, it would not be safe. We could drop or lose one of the packs or, worse yet, you could end up hurt. We will be walking there, and unfortunately it is a four hour walk from here. Look on the bright side, though, we will have food to eat when we stop for a meal.”

The smile on her face was quickly replaced with one of shock and I could not help laughing. That of course earned me a slap on the shoulder from her, but she chuckled a bit, as well. We made our way into the forest, and I greeted some of the foresters that we came across. We continued along the route that I used to go to and from the cave, enjoying the warm breeze and mild weather. I still could not shake the sense of foreboding I felt, after seeing the carnage in that house. Needing to take my mind off my paranoia, I stopped us and collected the journal from my pack. Lillian sked what it was, to which I honestly replied, “Ruben’s journal”, before locating where I had left off last. I knew the route well enough that I would only need to glance up from time to time to make sure I was on course, or to keep from tripping.


Possible third week of Windumand fifteen forty-seven

This will be a rather long entry as a lot happened in such a short time. It has been three days since we escaped from that hellish prison and a lot has happened. After we woke, we knew that we had to put as much distance between our captor and ourselves as possible. There was no sign that we had been followed and no tracks had appeared around the tree we had spent the night in. After untying ourselves and climbing back down to the ground, we surveyed the area around our perch. Confident that no man or hound was on our trail, we confirmed which way was south and continued our path. As we made our way south, we continued to use every trick we had learned to mask our scent and tracks. We would spend a few moments to collect berries or grapefruit to eat as we went. When we could, we used the nearby river to travel and made sure to get our fill of the cool, refreshing water before heading down. We had found a small cave to use for the night that did not have signs of an animal living within it.

We did not build a fire, as we feared that we were being looked for. Though it was cold, we huddled together and the blankets we had been using helped to keep the cold at bay.

That evening, the blood moon filled the sky and we felt agony unlike never. The pain of the wolf attack seemed mild in comparison. My skin felt aflame and I felt my body contorting. I heard loud ripping and feared it was my very skin was ripping at the seams. I fell to the ground and felt my body start to jerk uncontrollably as the pain increased. I closed my eyes, trying to drown out the pain and the sounds of Stevan’s cries. I am not sure how long it was before the tremors ended, the pain subsided, and the burning sensation quenched itself.

I opened my eyes and found that I could see the interior of our cave much better than I had before. I could hear subtle movement outside and there was a unique smell nearby. As I went to get up, I saw a paw instead of a hand, and began to scream. Instead of a scream, I let out a loud howl, which startled the wolf near me. He got up quickly and got into a defensive stance. He had light brown fur and piercing blue eyes, not unlike Stevan’s. I went into shock as I realized that the wolf in front of me was my friend and he was seeing a wolf in front of him. However, he had not noticed his change, that is, until he attempted to stand upright.

When he realized he had changed he began to freak out, letting out chuffs and barks. What surprised me was that I understood what they meant, despite them not being human words. I thought of what I wanted to say and tried to talk to him. Barks, growls and chuffs came from my snout, but caught the attention of my friend.

He wondered how this happened and it was then that I recalled what the man who had held us prisoner had said. He had mentioned a coming change. This must have been what he had been talking about.

I felt more energized than ever before and asked Stevan if he felt the same, getting a nod in reply. I suggested we should use this to get home faster, and he growled in agreement. Wasting no time, we dashed out of the cave and continued our path south, running at full sprint. The rush of dashing through the forest was exhilarating, feeling the air rush past me. I was surprised that I did not feel the nip of cold winter air, but my coat seemed to protect me from that. Soon, I felt rather tired and was able to slow to a light jog, or trot, in wolf form. We had been traveling for about an hour when new scent filled our snouts. We looked at one another, and with no need to say anything, moved to follow the scent. It was another fifteen to twenty minutes before we found the origin of the scent. A herd of sleeping elk, a few bulls and a smattering of cows and cafés. We saw what looked to be an older bull and dashed quickly to attack. I went for its hind leg, sinking my teeth in and thrashing, just as Stevan locked his jaws and gave a sharp twist. He succeeded in breaking its neck, and its cry woke the rest of the herd.

The two remaining bucks tried to get us as the females and children ran, but soon gave up and followed. Feeling a hunger, I never had known before, I began ripping into the flesh of our kill and savored the taste of its raw meat. We gorged ourselves on the animal until only the bones and organs remained. We then made our way over to the river to drink our fill before heading south again.

We traveled for hours, switching between a light trot to a slow walk and back. I looked up and saw we had a few hours of moonlight left - we would need somewhere to rest.

I then smelled a familiar scent, that of smoke, and darted off towards the origin of the smell. Stevan followed, and after a half hour of running, we came across a small farm. There was a stable, and we approached carefully, in case there were animals inside. We were very lucky that there were not, and we found a hole big enough to fit through.

The stable looked like it once housed multiple animals, but the structure and its stalls had seen better days. We moved to the stall furthest from the door and found a thick bed of dry hay inside. We both rested our eyes and let sleep take us.

We were surprised to find, when we awoke, we were normal, though naked, people. We had never expected we would change back, but whatever had made us change had destroyed our clothes. We were also quite a few kilometers away, which we were both happy about, but now we were stuck. We looked about the stall and found work boots, some work pants, and gloves. The pants had suspenders to hold them up, since they were meant to be worn over everyday pants and shirts, making them rather baggy. We watched the house, and found it was owned by an older farmer, who lived alone. He split some wood then went out into the woods, possibly to check traps. He was gone for two hours before returning.

We snuck out, braving the cold to try and find some food until tomorrow. We found some berries and some citrus plants. Once we had our fill, we drank some water from his well. We then returned to the stable and waited for our moment.

It was not long after nightfall when we heard someone approaching. The old farmer called out for us to come out of hiding. He had noticed us when we went out and wondered if we needed help. We explained we had been taken from our home in Fardun and were trying to get back. Our clothes had been ruined and we had nothing else to wear. He brought us inside and let us warm by the fire as he collected clothes for us. While the shirts were big, the pants would help with that, as he said we could keep them. He then gave us bowls of stew and cups of tea. Both warmed us up and I asked how far from Fardun we were. He said we were about half a week’s walk northwest of the village. That meant that we were a week away from getting home to Cartha. We thanked him and asked if we could rest the night. He let us sleep inside, near the fire, and in the morning, provided us with a pack to carry some cured meats and other foods with us. The provisions would last us until we reached home if we made sure to collect food on the way.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.