Blood Moon Chronicles: Book 3: A New Moon Rises - Cover

Blood Moon Chronicles: Book 3: A New Moon Rises

Copyright© 2012 by James Howlette

Chapter 24

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 24 - Book 3 in the story of Young Davik, and his Quest for vengeance. Davik is now changing and must learn to control his new abilities. But the beast is on the move too, and soon the two forces will clash. Who will prevail and could something new be born out of their conflict.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including NonConsensual   Rape   BiSexual   Fiction   non-anthro   Were animal   Big Breasts   Size   Slow   Violence  

“Please. Join me, Davik, I have been waiting for some time, knowing that you would eventually find your way to Retvan. We have a lot to discuss.”

I turned to find Ruben’s eyes staring at me, signs of care and weariness in them, but a cold resolve behind them. He looked a bit thinner and a bit more haggard in appearance since the last time I had seen him, though he had been falling into a chasm when I saw him last. The beard, as well as the used and torn clothing, would not let anyone except me, Ilane and Violet know who he was, as Kafe had not been born the last time he had a beard.

“Ruben, how in the seven hells are you still alive? I saw you fall into the mine - there should have been no way that you survived that fall.”

He laughed lightly and gestured to the chair across from him. I slowly sat down, glancing over to the table and giving a shake of the head, to let the girls know I was okay.

“I see you have surrounded yourself with more beautiful women since I left. I take it my daughter was no longer enough?”

“Your daughter was more than enough, but I had to leave after that night. I went through a permanent change after our fight and I became dangerous to myself, as well as everyone around me. I had to get away to get some control over it, so that I would never accidentally hurt Violet or anyone I cared for. She did not take that very well, nor did she like that I returned with Lillian accompanying me. She thought I left to cheat on her, becoming erratic in her thinking and each time she saw me it would only escalate. Within a few days of my return, she drugged her mother and brother, using their unconscious state to give herself a day’s head start. I spent three weeks trying to locate her, but even you can recall - if Violet did not want to be found, no one would be able to.”

He nodded and replied, “Yes I do recall that, and my Violet has always had a bad temper, one only I could soothe. I believe it had something to do with the curse, tying her to me slightly, like you would have been, had you turned, and Brant lived. Regardless, I had hoped that your presence would be able to curb that, but given you were the cause, I can see the issue that arose.”

“She blamed me for leaving, first when my parents died, then when I almost left after I killed Brant and then when I left after you ‘died’. It was irrational, then she started suspecting I was having a relationship with Lillian behind her back, throwing the women she knew in my face and even accusing her mother of having sex with me.”

I watched his face as I explained, though the final one caused his expression to change from mild irritation to pure rage.

“I never thought she would get so bad, that she would honestly accuse her mother of something like that!”

“I never thought that would happen either,” I replied, “though I also never thought she would drug her mother and brother as she did. Kafe almost did not make it - had Celka not helped him, as well as Ilane, as she was still reeling from the effects of the drugs.”

“Be as that may, Violet is the least of our problems. I have been lucky so far, that I have not been recognized during my time here. I have been going by your father’s name, Stevan, since I arrived and I do not think Blackheart has noticed, yet.”

“There is one question I still want answered,” I said forcefully. “How did you survive the fall? How did you end up here?”

Ruben took a big breath, “As you know from my journal, the floor of the mine entrance gave way when I was twelve, the night before we ran away. It has been well over twenty-five years since that night and our area can get a lot of rain, which worked out for me. There was a seven-foot pool of water at the bottom of that fall and I was lucky that I had not hit anything as I fell. The impact with the water had knocked the wind out of me, but I was able to swim up to the surface and then I tried to find my way to an edge. The only illumination was the minimal moon light reaching down there. When I did find a water’s edge, I was surprised to find the dagger near the edge of the water. I cleaned the blade as thoroughly as I could, before I put it in my belt and started feeling around for a wall and, though I was stumbling around, I found one eventually. My next task was to find one of the support beams for the tunnel, so I began moving away from where the pool was and after five minutes of searching, I found one and with it the target of my search. The torch was in relatively good condition and I still had flint in one of the pouches on my belt. Using the butt of the dagger it took a few tries, but I was able to get the torch to catch fire.

“I moved deeper into the mine, hoping to feel the hints of airflow, other than where I had fallen. It would mean that there would be another exit to the mine, one that may have been forgotten. I spent the next three hours looking through tunnels and just as I was about to give up, I felt the first hint of air flow. I started following it as fast as I could, stopping only to switch my torch for a new one. Another half hour later, and I was successful in finding the exit as well as the small camp that was once used during mining. I quickly gathered wood from various sections of the room, collecting it to generate a fire to help warm my soaked clothes. I looked around, hoping to find the materials I would need to make a rudimentary bow and after an hour I had the supplies I needed to get started. Two hours later, I had a bow that would last until I got some food, then I would begin to plan. Content with the state of things, I tried to get some sleep, knowing I would have work ahead of me in the morning.

“I awoke to light streaming in from the exit and with my makeshift bow, I headed out of the mine, into the forest. I began searching for branches that I could trim into arrows, and discarded feathers I could use as fletching. It took three hours to find what I needed, and I could feel hunger begin to gnaw at me.

“I used it to focus my mind on my task and I had about five arrows ready by the time I could no longer ignore my hunger. It took me another hour to track down suitable prey and three arrows before I downed the rabbit that I had picked. I quickly built a fire and worked to skin and field dress the rabbit. Once that was done, I ran a stick up its ass and put it over the fire, while I searched for berries to eat. I returned to find the meat cooked enough for me to eat and I wasted no time tearing into my meal. Once I was fed, I thought about whether I should go home, or if I should try and track down the son of a bitch who was responsible for all of this. The decision was easy, because until he was dealt with, my family would be at risk.

“I headed to Fardun and worked for a bit with the foresters, even saw you the day you visited the first time, but you did not recognize me. I was thankful you limited your time with them and that I passed unnoticed, as it would have complicated my plans. Once I had enough money to get the equipment, I would need for my travel here, I set out for Retvan. Drovak was sad to see me go, but he gave me a deal on a horse, so I got here about a week earlier than it took for you to get here by wagon.

“I then started putting feelers out, hoping to get a nibble from someone who would lead me to Blackheart. I have been an enforcer for one of the bosses who runs a protection racket along the south side. I have not needed to kill anyone. Yet, thankfully, but I have made enough of a name for myself that I am certain to be introduced soon. Thankfully my appearance has changed enough, he may not recognize me if I speak with a different tone and accent.”

I took a few moments to process his story, coming to grips with the fact he had been alive since that night, before I offered some information of my own.

“His name is Brenson and he is from Vishant province. We got into his shop in Fardun and found that you were not the first people he did that to, only the first ones that worked. We also learned that he is Celka’s brother and Lillian’s grandfather, along with the fact that he was seriously injured by you and my father. He resents that, and you getting away, though I do not know why he has been targeting me.”

“He fears you, due to you being born to your father. He figured that your father was still infected when you were conceived and was shocked when your father was not turned when they were in the smithy. He sees you as a threat to his power and he will do whatever it takes to stop you, as you well know. He was content to leave you alone, until you dispatched all his minions in Cartha with ease. He found out that you had been bitten and feared that, if you were not one of his kind before, that you would turn soon.”

“How is it you know all of this, Stevan?” I asked, anger creeping into my voice. I would think you would have had to talk to him directly to know most of this!”

“I asked most of that, the night he came to me and threatened my family’s life, in exchange for killing you.”

“What will you do now? The blood moon is only two days away and I am sure that, if he does not know I am here, will know for certain by then. Even after what you did, I do not want to see you die at the vile bastard’s hands.”

He chuckled softly, “Thank you, Davik, though I am certain that I do not deserve it. I will be talking to those in the seedier areas, acting as one looking to be hired muscle. He has been searching for the past few weeks for volunteers, ones with fighting experience to protect his interests here - and I hope at his base of operations. I figure I could get information that way and meet for a meal here to exchange information tomorrow night. I plan to be staying inside during the blood moon and I suggest you do the same, even if it is three days away.”

“Okay, but you need to be careful, your family still needs you. I want you home, working to fix things with them when this is all over with!”

He smiled and nodded before getting up and walking out of the dining area. I watched him leave before I got up from the table and made my way over to the others.

“Who was that man who stopped you to talk?” Lillian asked, a look of worry on her face. “Is everything okay? You looked like you saw a ghost, but then you told us to not come over.”

“His name is Stevan and he is an old friend, who like us, is looking for information on Brenson. His family was hurt by him, back when Brenson was in Fardun and he is looking for revenge. He plans to get information by trying to become one of Brenson’s volunteers, who he believes to be human mercenaries. His hope is to get information on where his interests lie within the town and province, as well as his possible base of operations.”

While Janet, the other soldiers, Liza and Jerreth seemed convinced, Celka and Lillian had skeptical looks on their faces. I knew that I would be having a more private chat once we were done with our meal, but that gave me time to think about what I was going to say and how I felt about what happened. A few minutes after arriving at the table, a young girl arrived at our table with a stack of menus.

“Good evening everyone, my name is Candice and I will be your server tonight. Please look over the menu and use the pencil provided to select your meal for the evening by checking the box. While you decide, would anyone like refreshments?”

We each told her our drink of choice and I was thinking I would need something strong to get through later, so I ordered whiskey. The menu had thirteen different meals to choose from, but I was craving something new and ordered their Tora steak, with potatoes and gravy. It took another few minutes for everyone to choose their meals, but everyone was ready when Candice began bringing our drinks. She had five young girls with her bringing a drink in each hand, directing the drinks correctly to who had ordered them. She then collected the menus and left to give them to the kitchen, leaving us to chat idly while we waited for our food.

We first talked about our plans and what we hoped to achieve and learn about our target. Once that was completed, I began asking what personal tasks they were hoping to complete while they were here, as I was the only one who was here primarily on business, while still searching for clues about Brenson.

We had just finished talking when the smell of food broke the idea of talking further, as the wonderful smells began to fill our senses. I watched as each plate was placed in front of their corresponding recipient and watched in wonder as my plate was placed before me. The steak took over two thirds of the plate and looked juicy and succulent. I rushed to grab my utensils, diving into the feast in front of me and enjoying the new flavors. Everyone seemed very pleased with their various meals, though both Lillian and Janet seemed to want to try each other’s, as well as what was on my plate. I gave them both a look of irritation, but they both responded with an eerily synchronized giggle. When our meal was concluded I thanked Candice for her hospitality and gave her ten blue Drectars, one for her, the five other servers and the cooks in the kitchen. Her eyes got wide in shock, saying that the money was not necessary, but I told her that I would not take it back. She had tears in her eyes as she left, and I was thanked by the other five girls who came to collect our plates. A quick glance had me realize that everyone was looking at me, with various looks of approval on their faces, though Lillian had a look of pride as well.

We made our way back upstairs and I said goodnight to everyone before retiring to my room, followed closely by Janet, Lillian and Celka. I sat on the bed, trying to relax the tension that I did not even realize I had.

“Okay spill it, Davik,” Lillian demanded, a hint of annoyance apparent in her voice. “There is more to it than you are letting on, besides I find it a bit odd that you would look like you had seen a ghost and the man in question has the same name as your father.”

“You are correct, Lillian, though I am surprised that you had not recognized who it was I was speaking to. I had seen him with such a beard back when I was little, so it was easier for me to notice.”

Both women noticed that I had not answered the question yet and, while Janet looked slightly amused, neither Celka nor Lillian looked amused by my deflection.

“Okay,” I muttered with a sigh. “That man was someone that you two know, but Janet does not. It was Ruben.”

Lillian and Celka gasped in shock, with Janet looking at us in confusion as to why that would be a shocking revelation.

“As you know, Janet, my father and my estranged girlfriend’s father were bitten and turned by Brenson, though they escaped before their first blood moon. They returned home to Celka and eventually got married, all the while going on hunting trips during the blood moon to prevent anyone from getting hurt. When they found out that they were going to be fathers, they set out to meet with a renowned healer, who happened to be Lillian’s elder mother. She devised a cure that removed the curse completely from both. She did not document the process, which is why Lillian had little success when she tried to cure me or herself. We learned later, that Celka was Brenson’s sister, as well as being Lillian’s elder father. My abilities were born the night that Brenson convinced Violet’s father to kidnap her, to get to me. I chased after her, though she had escaped, and I lost my friend Trent to her father’s blade.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.